- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Reisner Date
- Late Dynasty 3 or Dynasty 4
- Reisner cleared old (4th dynasty?) dump material, perhaps from construction G 2000, from the wadi cemetery north of G 2000 with 75 men from December 9, 1903 to January 13, 1904. After excavating about 80 mudbrick tombs with little value, he selected this area to dump all the material cleared from the NW corner of the Western Cemetery.
- ID: HUMFA_GN3_L10_note_020
Giza Volume I (p.21-24) and Records of the Past.Volume.IV.Part.V.May.1905.
Manuelian, Peter Der. "On the Early History of Giza: The 'Lost' Wadi Cemetery (Giza Archives Gleanings, III)." Journal of Egyptian Archaeology 95 (2009), pp. 105-140.
- Type Excavator
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)