Head of limestone statue of man; male figure wearing shoulder length wig with long curls; heavy surface damage.
- Hearst Museum, Berkeley
- E of mastaba G 1171 (?)
- 9 x 12 cm (3 9/16 x 4 3/4 in)
- Credit Line
- Phoebe A. Hearst Museum of Anthropology, Hearst Egyptian Expedition
- Object Ownership Information
- Phoebe A. Hearst Museum of Anthropology, University of California, Berkeley
- Late Old Kingdom
- Date of Register Entry
- Object owned by
- Phoebe A. Hearst Museum of Anthropology
- provenance: attribution of 6-19808 to "E of G 1171" based on some photo register entries, attributed to GW 24 in photo archives (mounted print card caption), no in situ photos or object registration records available to confirm either of these attributions, however wadi cemetery attribution seems the less likely
Lutz, Henry F. Egyptian Statues and Statuettes in the Museum of Anthropology of the University of California. University of California Publications. Egyptian Archaeology 5. Leipzig: J.C. Hinrichs, 1930, p. 17, pl. 26a.
Manuelian, Peter Der. "On the Early History of Giza: The 'Lost' Wadi Cemetery (Giza Archives Gleanings, III)." Journal of Egyptian Archaeology 95 (2009), p. 134.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)