Three heads from limestone statues (quarter view proper right): [near G 1171] MFA 27.1125, [E of G 1171 (?)] Hearst Museum, Berkeley 6-19808, [G 1225, chapel] MFA 47.1744
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Object(s) photograph: Site: Giza; view: G 1171, G 1225
- provenance: Attribution of unregistered head Hearst 6-19808 to "E of G 1171" based on some photo register entries; attributed to GW 24 in photo archives (mounted print card caption); no in situ photos or object registration records available to confirm either of these attributions, however wadi cemetery attribution seems the less likely. Attribution of unregistered head MFA 47.1744 to "G 1225, chapel" based on photo register entries for C11952_OS, C11953_OS, C11954_OS; in situ photo C11133_OS attributes it to G 1226; no distinctive architectural feature in C11133_OS and no object registration records available to confirm either attribution.
- VERIFIED: orientation verified; objects not registered (no registration records for 1903-1904-1905-1906); MFA accession numbers verified; Hearst number verified; Manuelian reference verified; for provenance problems related two of three heads see remarks
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Type Photographer
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)