Fragment (top) of limestone false door of Neferi; tablet: figure of Neferi seated before table of offerings, two lines of incised hieroglyphs above enumerating offerings of a thousand jugs of beer, a thousand loaves of bread, etc; jambs: inscribed in sunk relief (titles and name of Neferi); lintel: inscribed for venerated one Neferi; belongs with 12.1498, 12.1515.
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- Architectural elements-Stelae
- Debris E of mastaba G 2200 (= G 5080), S end
- Legacy dimension: .56 H. .58 W.
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Object Ownership Information
- Old Kingdom, Dynasty 5
- Neferi (east of G 2180 and G 5080)
- This object was excavated by the Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition, but was not recorded in any object register book. Excavated by the Harvard University–Museum of Fine Arts Expedition; 1912: assigned to the MFA in the division of finds by the government of Egypt.
- Fragmentary (incomplete) false door of Neferi: MFA 12.1393 + MFA 12.1498 + MFA 12.1515
Neferi (east of G 2180 and G 5080)
- Type Owner
- Remarks Fragments of limestone false door (MFA 12.1393 + MFA 12.1498 + MFA 12.1515) inscribed for Neferi, identified as [jmj-r st xntjw-S Sps nswt smr pr] overseer of the department of palace attendants, noble of the king, companion of the house; found east of G 5080 (MFA 12.1393) and east of G 2180 (MFA 12.1498 and MFA 12.1515) (incorrectly attributed to G 2185 in P-M III, p. 81).
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
- Heather ONeill firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nicholas Picardo email@example.com
- Luke Hollis firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)