- Giza 3D
- My Giza
microfilm: begin page 78
Saturday, December 13, 1924
Thirty-eighth day of work.
Cars emptied: 542
(1) area north of G I-a, Khufu temple, [avenue G 0]
(2) G 7110 A
(3) G 7120 A
(4) G 7130 A and front
(5) G 7210 front
(6) G 7220 A
(7) G 7101 M
(1) Avenue G 0 and Khufu temple
Area north of G I-a and G 7101, Khufu temple. Have cleared the rock from G I-a, north end of street G 7000, and north side of G 7101 northwards to the line (east-west) of the Khufu boat grave. It seems fairly clear that
1) this is the line of the causeway
2) there was rock cutting here previous to the construction of the causeway: some of them filled with masonry to make foundation of causeway
3) the boat grave (Khufu) lay just north of the western end of causeway
4) the north-south tunnel north of the eastern end of boat grave appeared to lie quite outside the Khufu structures.
I will clear this surface further north and east when line II comes out.
(2) G 7110
G 7110 A: Pit A in G 7110 came to an end suddenly at the surface of the rock. No pit was even cut in the rock; of the unfinished condition of pit B.
(3) G 7120
G 7120 A: Down 12 meters. A large chamber has appeared on the south, and a smaller chamber (a niche-like receptacle) on the north.
microfilm: end page 78