Limestone seated pair statue of Hetepi and Renpetnefret; man on proper left and woman on proper right, seated male figure with hands on thighs (proper right hand clenched, proper left hand flat), wearing short wig and kilt, seated female figure with proper left arm around his shoulders, wearing shoulder length wig and V-neck sheath dress, inscribed on base.
- Hearst Museum, Berkeley
- Mastaba G 1020, serdab
- Limestone, paint
- 42 cm (16 9/16 in)
- Credit Line
- Phoebe A. Hearst Museum of Anthropology, Hearst Egyptian Expedition
- Object Ownership Information
- Phoebe A. Hearst Museum of Anthropology, University of California, Berkeley
- Old Kingdom, Dynasty 4 - Dynasty 5
- Date of Register Entry
- Hetepi (in G 1020)
- Renpetnefret (in G 1020)
- Object owned by
- Phoebe A. Hearst Museum of Anthropology
Fazzini, Richard A. Images for Eternity: Egyptian Art from Berkeley and Brooklyn. Brooklyn: Brooklyn Museum, 1975, pp. 33-34, cat. 23.
Lutz, Henry F. Egyptian Statues and Statuettes in the Museum of Anthropology of the University of California. University of California Publications. Egyptian Archaeology 5. Leipzig: J.C. Hinrichs, 1930, pp. 20-21, pl. 32a, b.
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974, p. 53.
- Type Owner
- Remarks Probable son of Mes-sa (owner of G 1020). Limestone seated pair statue (Hearst 6-19760) inscribed for Hetepi and his wife Renpetnefret; Hetepi identified as [rx nswt] royal acquaintance; found in situ in G 1020 serdab.
- Type Owner
- Remarks Wife of Hetepi (probable son of Mes-sa, owner of G 1020). Limestone seated pair statue (Hearst 6-19760) inscribed for Hetepi and his wife Renpetnefret; Renpetnefret identified as [rxt nswt] royal acquaintance; found in situ in G 1020 serdab.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)