Limestone false door of Tebash and his wife Merut; upper panel missing, upper part weathered and somewhat decayed.
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- Architectural elements-False Doors
- Mastaba G 1123
- Height x width x depth: 71.4 x 45.8 x 16.2 cm (28 1/8 x 18 1/16 x 6 3/8 in.)
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Object Ownership Information
- Old Kingdom
- Merut (in G 1123)
- Tebash (G 1123)
- This object was excavated by the Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition, but was not recorded in any object register book. Excavated by the Harvard University-Museum of Fine Arts Expedition: 1931: assigned to the MFA in the division of finds by the government of Egypt. On loan to M.C. Carlos Museum, Atlanta, 2004--
Manuelian, Peter Der. "Eight Years at the Giza Archives Project: Past Experiences and Future Plans for the Giza Digital Archive." Egyptian and Egyptological Documents, Archives, and Libraries, An Annual 1 (Milan, 2009), p. 154.
Manuelian, Peter Der. "A Case of Prefabrication at Giza? The False Door of Inti." Journal of the American Research Center in Egypt 35 (1998), p. 116.
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974, p. 203 (incorrectly attributed to debris east of G 7753).
- Type Owner
- Remarks Wife of Tebash (owner of G 1123). Appears on limestone false door (MFA 31.782) inscribed for Tebash, identified as [mjtrt] mitret; found in situ in G 1123 (incorrectly attributed to debris east of G 7753 in Porter-Moss III, p. 203).
- Type Owner
- Remarks Owner of G 1123. Limestone false door (MFA 31.782) inscribed for Tebash, identified as [jmj-r qdw] overseer of builders; found in situ in G 1123 (incorrectly attributed to debris east of G 7753 in Porter-Moss III, p. 203).
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
- Heather ONeill email@example.com
- Nicholas Picardo firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luke Hollis email@example.com
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)