Head of white limestone statuette, female figure, fits 14-3-29; broad wig covers ears. Illustration: No
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Sand debris in street between mastabas G 4620 and G 4520, [originally from G 4522]
- Height: ca 6.5 cm Width: ca 6.5 cm Thickness: ca 5 cm
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Object Ownership Information
- MFA accession number: 14.1454
- Old Kingdom
- Date of Register Entry
- 14-3-22 (= MFA 14.1454) + 14-3-29 (= MFA 14.1459)
- MFA accession number verified
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974, p. 130 (not identified by registration number, listed as "female head" citing Giza Necropolis 1 pl, 67e; attributed to G 4522).
Reisner, George A. A History of the Giza Necropolis 1. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 1942, p. 507, pl. 67e.
Smith, William Stevenson. A History of Egyptian Sculpture and Painting in the Old Kingdom. London: Oxford University Press, 1946, p. 72 (attributed to G 4522).
Subjects: Object register page:
Subjects: Object(s) photograph: Site: Giza; view: G 4522, G 4620, G 4520
Description: Head and fitting fragments (head and upper torso) of limestone statues from debris on E face of G 4520 and from between G 4620 and G 4520, originally from G 4522: left (fitting fragments): 14-3-22 (= MFA 14.1454, female head) + 14-3-29 (= MFA 14.1459, female torso); right: 14-3-20 (= MFA 14.1452, male head)
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)