[Block] of limestone wall relief; [joins top left of 25-5-5]. Illustration: Yes with hieroglyphs. Illustration scale: 1:10
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Architectural elements-Relief
- G 7101
- Height: 17 cm Length: 61 cm
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Date of Register Entry
- Qar (G 7101)
- MFA 27.1129 (overall): scene depicting men rowing boat with masts resting in fork-shaped wood supports, and two lines of inscription. 25-5-5 (= MFA 27.1129.1, five fitting fragments) + unregistered (= MFA 27.1129.2, one block) + unregistered (= MFA 29.1129.3, one block); related block: 25-5-59 (not in Boston).
Simpson, William Kelly. The Mastabas of Qar and Idu, G 7101 and 7102. Giza Mastabas 2. Boston: Museum of Fine Arts, 1976, p. 3, pl. Vd, fig. 19c.
- Type Owner
- Remarks Owner of G 7101. Appears multiple times in tomb decoration (chapel relief, architrave, door jambs, pillar), identified variously as [jmj-r kAt nbt xntj-S mnnfr-mrjjra Xrj tp nswt sS a nswt xft-Hr mAa] overseer of all works, palace attendant of (the pyramid-town) Mennefer-Meryre (Pepi I), he who is at the head of the king, true royal document scribe in the presence; in situ in G 7102. Possibly same individual as Qar (in G 7102), son of Idu (owner of G 7102). The relationship between Qar and Idu is difficult to determine; it seems certain that they are father and son, but it is not clear which is which since they each have a son named after the other (i.e. Qar has a son named Idu, Idu has a son named Qar). Qar (G 7101) has a sister named Bendjyt who may be identical to Bendjet, a daughter of Idu (G 7102), in which case Idu would be the father of Qar, but this is not at all certain.
Subjects: Object register page:
Subjects: Object(s) photograph: Site: Giza; view: street G 7300, G 7101
Description: Fragments of relief: top row: [street G 7300] 25-1-958; middle row: [G 7101] 25-5-57; bottom row: [G 7101] 25-5-59
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)