microfilm: begin page 82
Monday, December 15, 1924 (continued)
(4) G 7220
G 7220 A: Continued clearing pit G 7220 A. Mixed thieves debris all the way. [ILLUSTRATION] Down about 10 meters when the ladders became too short [two ladders with about four men on each passing up the baskets] and it became necessary to use the slower rope and pulley. But as all pulleys were in use, work has to be postponed until G 7130 A is finished. The pulleys work slower but, as they require less men, are perhaps slightly more economical than ladders.
(5) Avenue G 2
Street between G 7220 and G 7230, Avenue G 2. Clearing to a considerable depth has reached west line of street G 7200. Debris almost exclusively sebbakh siftings. Found in this a fragment of a slate head (ear and part of crown of Upper Egypt) about size of Mycerinus triads, also small fragment of a granite statue, and various objects of Ptolemaic-Roman period as usual.
(6) G 7310
In the morning had a gang searching for pit A of G 7310. They cleared the whole northern part without discovering any trace of a pit.
* It is to be noted that the three pairs of mastabas G 7110 and G 7120, G 7210 and G 7220, and G 7310 and G 7320 have each been joined together and cased as a single mastaba. The main pit of each pair appears to be pit A in the second mastaba, i.e. G 7120 A, G 7220 A and by analogy G 7320 A.
Pits G 7110 A and B, G 7120 B and G 7220 B were never finished. G 7310 A was never begun.
[G 7310 B, G 7210 A and B are yet unexplored.]
microfilm: end page 82
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)