microfilm: begin page 50
Sunday, December 6, 1925 (continued)
(8) G 6031
Small rubble mastaba, next on north of G 6040 mastaba.
G 6031 A: Rubble lined: Down 4 meters: Sand
G 6031 B: Rubble lined: Burial receptacle cut in rock in bottom of pit: Depth 2 meters.
(9) G 6032
Small mastaba south of G 6031: cased rubble.
(10) G 6033
Small rubble mastaba east of G 6031: three pits visible.
(11) G 7000 SW (southwest)
Continued trenches. No. 20 is in very deep debris and at the northeast end came on the back of a small stone mastaba apparently the most southerly of a row.
(12) G 7410 (G 7421)
The pit mentioned yesterday ends at rock and is like the false-pit G 7121, that is, it is built between G 7410 and G 7420.
Monday, December 7, 1925
Eighteenth day of work.
Dunham came over from Me'adi and together we met Mr. Leake of the Thomson-Hurston Company to test the electric light plant. Four 1000-candle power lamps were attached at end of 40 meter double-line. Took four photos with closed down windows.
1) three lamps without reflectors - five seconds (good)
2) three lamps without reflectors - ten seconds (overexposed)
3) one lamp with reflector - thirty seconds (good)
4) one lamp with reflector - sixty seconds (overexposed)
The supply of light appears to be about double our requirements. The machine gives us
microfilm: end page 50
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Mentioned on page
- Dows Dunham, American, 1890–1984
- Mr. Leake
- Thomson-Hurston Company
- Type Mentioned on page
- Nationality & Dates American, 1890–1984
- Remarks Egyptologist; Curator; Assistant Curator, Egyptian Department, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
- Type Mentioned on page
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Thomson Hurston Company
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)