microfilm: begin page 46
Tuesday, November 17, 1914 (continued)
Laid two lines of rails
Railroad line 1 runs in to west, north of Lepsius 40 N (G 5230) and will be used to clear the part between Lepsius 40 N (G 5230) and 40 W (G 5230), also the part north of Lepsius 40 W (G 5230) and N and perhaps behind. The dump runs out of east and then is to turn north and south between new road and enclosing wall.
Railroad line 2 is to be used for clearing the working strip I to V, dumping over the hollow cleared east of Lepsius 43 (G 5210).
In front of Lepsius 40 W (G 5230) there is below a layer of sand and stones (3). Above (1), there is a dumped layer of stones and gravel thrown out from the pit of 40 W by plunderers (2). Above (2), there is a sloping layer of sand and stones (1). A hole is broken through the lower part of the niche which is in the middle of the eastern face of 40W (G 5230 W) into the masonry by plunderers.
The mastaba is not solid masonry as it appears.
Near the face, north of the niche in the sand was the shoulder of a diorite statue (one-half size). North of Lepsius 40 S (G 5230 S) in the sand, the left side of a statue (limestone like that on page 42) and the feet of a similar limestone statue. In the offering room of a mastaba in strip IV east, part of a red granite statuette.
microfilm: end page 46
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)