microfilm: begin page 77
Monday, December 28, 1914
Day of rest for the men.
Edgar came to discuss German concession.
(1) Guards stay at Tell Amarna and Tonnoh until further orders.
(2) Guards to be removed from Maghagha (Karara).
(3) Austrian guards taken over by me and Austrian excavations to be guarded by me along with my own.
(4) Sebah permits to be given on Edgar's responsibility for German dump heaps at Tell Amarna.
Bad weather. Sprinkles of rain - south and southwest wind.
Tuesday, December 29, 1914
Work as yesterday.
Also clearing pits G 4940 A and G 4930 A, pit A in G 4820 has been cleared also.
Wednesday, December 30, 1914
(1) south of G 5210
(2) G 5220 F and P
(3) pits G 4940 A and B, G 4930 A and B, G 5030 A and B
(2) G 5220
Both F and P have chambers on east side. At P the circular later well descends to rock where it opens into a square shaft. In the chamber is a stone coffin. Possibly this is an older pit, older than G 5220, accidentally opened by the treasure hunters who built the circular well.
(3) G 4940, G 4930, G 5030
Pits G 4940 A and B, G 4930 A and B, G 5030 A and B. These pits are being opened to a depth of 4 - 8 meters. All filled with clean sand, at any rate above.
microfilm: end page 77
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 12/28/1914; 12/29/1914; 12/30/1914
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Mentioned on page
- Campbell Cowan Edgar, British, 1870–1938
- Type Mentioned on page
- Nationality & Dates British, 1870–1938
- Remarks Egyptologist and Greek scholar; Acting Director General of the Department of Antiquities. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)