microfilm: begin page 710
Sunday, July 3, 1938 (continued)
(2) G 4732
Rubble and stone mastaba south of G 4740 and east of G 4731, with two shafts.
G 4732 A: In shaft and chamber. West of B. Lined with rubble and rock cut below. Total depth 1.05 meters. Sand and dirty debris. Chamber on west. Built of rubble and roofed with slabs. No blocking. Cleared. Drawing.
G 4732 B: In shaft. East of A. Lined above with masonry on three sides, north, south and east. On west lined with crude brick . Total depth 1.6 meters. Limestone debris, sand and dirty debris. Chamber on west. Blocked with rubble with traces of mud bound. Blocking left for photo.
Sketch of G 4731 and G 4732.
(3) G 4831
Masonry and crude brick mastaba. North of G 4830 and south of G 4840. With four shafts.
G 4831 A: In shaft and chamber. It is east of the mastaba and beside G 4940 on west. Lined with masonry and rubble and ends at rock. Total depth 95 cm. Sand and dirty debris. Chamber on south. Built of crude brick and rubble and roofed with slabs. No blocking. Cleared. Drawing.
G 4831 B: In shaft and chamber. North of the crude brick chapel of the mastaba. Lined above with masonry and crude brick and rock cut below. Total depth 3.7 meters. Dirty debris, limestone debris and potsherds. Chamber on south. Cut in bad rock. No blocking. Roofed with one big slab and some rubble. Cleared. Drawing.
microfilm: end page 710
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohammed Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Reis)
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)