microfilm: begin page 979
Sunday, April 28, 1940 (continued)
(2) G 2182 (continued)
G 2182 X: In shaft. Ends at bad rock. Lined with crude brick. It is west of A and south of Y and it is between G 2180 and G 2182. Total depth 1.4 meters, drift sand. Chamber on north built of masonry and roofed with slabs. No blocking. Cleared. Drawing.
G 2182 Y: In shaft and chamber. Ends at rock. Lined with masonry. It is north of X, between that mastaba and G 2180 and west of C. Total depth 1.8 meters, drift sand. Chamber on north built of stones and roofed with slabs. No blocking. Cleared. Drawing.
(3) G 2183
G 2183 A: In shaft. Lined above with rock and cut in rock below. It is south of B, west of the niche, down 1.2 meters, drift sand. Not reached the rock in shaft and not reached the chamber.
Today we collect the railway lines and put them north of G 2240.
Also we collect the work equipment axes, etc. and put them in G 2001.
All the men are in building a stone walls between M. Boraize's house and the excavations to prevent people from entering the excavations.
Monday, April 29, 1940
(1) G 2182 D
(2) G 2183 A
(3) G 2352 Z, W
(1) G 2182
G 2182 D: In shaft and chamber. Total depth 5.7 meters, drift sand and limestone debris. Chamber on south cut in rock. No blocking. In the chamber a north-south rock cut coffin with a limestone lid thrown east of it. Cleared. Drawing.
(2) G 2183
G 2183 A: In shaft and chamber. Total depth 2.65 meters, drift sand and limestone debris. Chamber on west cut in rock, very small. No blocking. Also in the shaft on east is a small cutting running to the east. Perhaps they were going to make it a chamber but left unfinished. Cleared. Drawing on page 980.
microfilm: end page 979
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 04/28/1940; 04/29/1940
- Mentioned on page
- Émile Baraize, French, 1874–1952
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Mentioned on page
- Nationality & Dates French, 1874–1952
- Remarks French engineer working for the Service des Antiquities who excavated around the Sphinx from 1926-1936.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
- Heather ONeill email@example.com
- Nicholas Picardo firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luke Hollis email@example.com
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)