*Original paper documents for Chapter 12 are in archival boxes K06 and K07 in the Egyptian Section archives of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston.
- Documentation-Unpublished manuscripts
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- about 1934–1942
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Mentioned on page
- Senedjemib Mehi (G 2378)
- Seshemnefer [II] (G 5080)
- Type Mentioned on page
- Remarks Owner of G 2378. Senedjemib, [rn=f nfr] his good name Mehi. Son of Senedjemib Inti (owner of G 2370). Portico architrave inscribed for Senedjemib Mehi, identified as [jrj-pat HAtj-a mAa jmj-r kAt nbt nt nswt Hrj-sStA n wDt-mdw nbt nt nswt jmj-jb n nswt m st=f nbt jmAxw xr nswt-bjtj Wnjs] hereditary prince, true count, overseer of all royal works, secretary of every royal decree, he who is in the heart of the king in all his places, revered before the King of Upper and Lower Egypt Unis; offering room false door inscribed for Senedjemib Mehi, identified as [smr watj tAjtj sAb TAtj jmj-r sSw a nswt jmj-r Xkr nswt nb Xrj-tp nswt mDH qd nswt m prwj jmj-r Snwtj jmj-r prwj-aHAw jmj-r wabtj jmj-r prwj nbw jmj-r sSr nswt jmAxw xr Jssj] sole companion, chief justice and vizier, overseer of royal document scribes, overseer of all royal regalia, royal chamberlain, royal architect in the two houses, overseer of the two granaries, overseer of the two armories, overseer of the two wabets, overseer of the two houses of gold, overseer of royal linen, revered before Isesi; also appears in chapel relief (thoughout chapel), identified as [jwn-knmt] iun-kenmut priest; false door and relief in situ in G 2378, portico reconstructed. Also appears in chapel relief (including portico west wall, door jambs, and offering room) in tomb of his father Senedjemib Inti (owner of G 2370), identified as [HAtj-a mAa jmj-r kAt nbt nt nswt] true count, overseer of all royal works; in situ in G 2370.
- Type Mentioned on page
- Remarks Owner of G 5080. Pillars and jambs of court entrance and north and south false doors inscribed for Seshemnefer, identified as [jmj-r sSw a nswt Hrj-sStA n wDt-mdw nb nt nswt jmj-r kAt nb nswt sS Xrt-a nswt sS a nswt n sbAjt nswt Hrj-sStA n Xrt-a nswt jmj-r (pr) aHAw m prwj] overseer of royal document scribes, secretary of every royal decree, overseer of all royal works, scribe of the royal document-case, royal document scribe of the royal instructors, secretary of the royal document-case, overseer of (the house of) weapons in the two houses; also appears in chapel relief (west, south, and east walls); in situ in G 5080. Red granite sarcophagus (33-4-19 = Cairo JE 60541) inscribed for Seshemnefer; found in situ in G 5080 B.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Subjects: Object(s) photograph: Site: Giza; view: G 2200 = G 5080
Description: Stone and pottery vessels and objects (model vessels, offering table tops, canopic jar lids) from G 2200 (= G 5080) B: top row: 33-2-150 + 33-2-98 (= MFA 33.1075, one mended cup), 33-2-97 (= MFA 33.1074, two lids) and 33-2-110 (= MFA 33.1082, two lids), 33-2-109 (= MFA 33.1081, jar and lid), 33-2-98 (= MFA 33.1075, four of six cups in two stacks of two), 33-2-149 (= MFA 33.1093, one canopic jar lid) and 33-1-88 (two canopic jar lids, one lid = MFA 33.1068), 33-2-108 (= MFA 33.1080, eight cups in four stacks of two), 33-2-104 (= MFA 33.1079, one cup), 33-2-171 (fragment); middle row: 33-2-103 (= MFA 33.1078, twelve cups in six stacks of two), 33-2-98 (= MFA 33.1075, two of six cups in one stack of two), 33-2-150 (= MFA 33.1094, one cup) and __-__-__ (one cup), 33-2-122 (= MFA 33.1091, incomplete pottery jar, object mislabeled 33-2-123), 33-2-152 (= MFA 33.1096, small pottery bowl); bottom row: 33-2-99 (= MFA 33.1076, incomplete offering table top), 33-2-102 (= JE 60545, fragmentary hollow wand), 33-2-100 (= MFA 33.1077, incomplete offering table top)
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)