- Journal Article
- Year Published
- Number of Pages
- Citation Text
- Davies, Nina M. "From the Tomb of Kaem'onkh at Gizah, Sixth Dynasty." Journal of Egyptian Archaeology 32 (1946), pl. I.
- Anna (Nina) de Garis Davies, British, 1881–1965
- Individual - Ancient
- Kaemankh (G 4561)
- Egypt Exploration Society
- Type Individual - Ancient
- Remarks Owner of G 4561. Architectural elements, including large scale inscription (frieze-text) on north and south faces of chapel, chapel entrance lintel, drum lintel, and door jambs, and architrave (standing figures of Kaemankh separated by panels of vertical inscription) over chapel recess, inscribed for Kaemankh; in situ in G 4561. False door on west wall of chapel recess inscribed for Kaemankh and appears on false door on west wall of chapel corridor inscribed for his wife Tjeset; in situ in G 4651. Also appears in chapel relief (north and south walls of chapel recess; west wall of chapel corridor); in situ in G 4561. Identified variously as [rx nswt sHD jrjw-xt pr-HD sHD Hmw-nTr Hrj-sStA n xtmt nswt wab nswt sS pr-HD sHD pr-HD] royal acquaintance, inspector of administrators of the treasury, inspector of priests, secretary of the king's treasure, royal wab-priest, scribe of the treasury, inspector of the treasury.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates British, 1881–1965
- Remarks née Cummings; Artist and copyist; wife of Norman de Garis Davies. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)