One fragment of [gneiss] and one fragment of basalt: a) [gneiss] fragment, [inscribed] statue base, Kawab, [fits 24-12-467]; b) basalt fragment, one plane surface. Illustration: Yes with hieroglyphs
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Raw materials & by-products
- Pit G 7111 D, [originally from G 7110-7120: G 7120, chapel]
- [Gneiss], basalt
- Height: [diorite fragment: 8.6 - 8.8 cm] Width: [basalt fragment: 9.2+ cm] Length: [basalt fragment: 9.4+ cm] Thickness: [basalt fragment: 5.8+ cm]
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Object Ownership Information
- MFA accession number: 25.2050
- Date of Register Entry
- Kawab (G 7110-7120)
- 25-1-1313 originally assigned to inscribed fragment of gneiss; fragment of basalt mistakenly given this number in "corrections and redrawings" (OR page 632); original registration number for fragment of basalt unknown (possibly one of basalt fragments originally registered as 24-12-978). Fragment of gneiss statue accessioned as MFA 25.2050. 24-12-467 (= MFA 24.2848) + 25-1-1313 (= MFA 25.2050)
- MFA accession number verified
Simpson, William Kelly. The Mastabas of Kawab, Khafkhufu I and II. Giza Mastabas 3. Boston: Museum of Fine Arts, 1978, pp. 8, 30, pl. IXa, fig. 17.
- Type Owner
- Remarks Owner of G 7120, along with Hetepheres [II] (original owner of G 7110). Son of Khufu and Meretites [I]. Appears in chapel relief in tomb of his daughter Meresankh III (owner of G 7530-7540), main room (east wall), identified as [jrj-pat sA nswt smsw n Xt=f Xrj-Hb Hrj-tp xrp jAwt nTrt aA dwAw] hereditary prince, king's eldest son of his body, chief lector-priest, director of divine offices, assistant of (the god) Duau; in situ in G 7530-7540). Also mentioned in tomb of his steward Khemetnu (owner of G 5210).
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)