[One of several] fragments of limestone wall relief; colored yellow: a) [two fitting fragments depicting hand holding cloth, and two additional associated fragments of border]. Illustration: Yes [two fitting fragments]. Illustration scale: 1:4
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Architectural elements-Relief
- Street G 7100, mastaba G 7110-7120: G 7120, in front of chapel, [originally from doorway from chamber c to chamber b]
- Height: 34.4 cm Width: 17.5 cm Thickness: 5.05 cm
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Object Ownership Information
- MFA accession number: 24.2927
- Date of Register Entry
- Kawab (G 7110-7120)
- Two additional fragments of border (not illustrated in original OR entry, but included in reconstructed illustration of section of relief in Simpson, GM 3, fig. 10c) accessioned as MFA 24.2927; two originally illustrated fitting fragments not MFA owned.
- MFA accession number verified
Simpson, William Kelly. The Mastabas of Kawab, Khafkhufu I and II. Giza Mastabas 3. Boston: Museum of Fine Arts, 1978, p. 2, pl. Vf, fig. 10c.
- Type Owner
- Remarks Owner of G 7120, along with Hetepheres [II] (original owner of G 7110). Son of Khufu and Meretites [I]. Appears in chapel relief in tomb of his daughter Meresankh III (owner of G 7530-7540), main room (east wall), identified as [jrj-pat sA nswt smsw n Xt=f Xrj-Hb Hrj-tp xrp jAwt nTrt aA dwAw] hereditary prince, king's eldest son of his body, chief lector-priest, director of divine offices, assistant of (the god) Duau; in situ in G 7530-7540). Also mentioned in tomb of his steward Khemetnu (owner of G 5210).
Subjects: Object register page:
Subjects: Object(s) photograph: Site: Giza; view: G 7110-7120
Description: Fragments of relief from G 7110-7120: G 7120, Kawab, chapel: left: 24-12-855a (two fitting fragments): right, top row: 24-12-948 (= MFA 24.2972); right, middle row: 24-12-939 (= MFA 24.2968); right, bottom row: 24-12-855c, 24-12-938, 24-12-947 (= MFA 24.2971)
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)