Fragment of limestone wall relief; name of [GLYPHS] Kawab, royal son of Khufu. Illustration: Yes. Illustration scale: 1:4
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Architectural elements-Relief
- Street G 7100, mastaba G 7110-7120: G 7120, in front of chapel, [originally from chamber c]
- Height: 22.1 cm Width: 25.8 cm Thickness: 5.2 cm
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Object Ownership Information
- MFA accession number: 24.2926
- Date of Register Entry
- Kawab (G 7110-7120)
- MFA accession number verified
Simpson, William Kelly. The Mastabas of Kawab, Khafkhufu I and II. Giza Mastabas 3. Boston: Museum of Fine Arts, 1978, p. 2, fig. 10b.
- Type Owner
- Remarks Owner of G 7120, along with Hetepheres [II] (original owner of G 7110). Son of Khufu and Meretites [I]. Appears in chapel relief in tomb of his daughter Meresankh III (owner of G 7530-7540), main room (east wall), identified as [jrj-pat sA nswt smsw n Xt=f Xrj-Hb Hrj-tp xrp jAwt nTrt aA dwAw] hereditary prince, king's eldest son of his body, chief lector-priest, director of divine offices, assistant of (the god) Duau; in situ in G 7530-7540). Also mentioned in tomb of his steward Khemetnu (owner of G 5210).
- Type Attested
- Remarks Second king of Dynasty 4, son of Snefru. Builder of the Great Pyramid at Giza, the only one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World still standing. Known two thousand years later by the Greeks as King Cheops. Horus name: [mDdw] Medjedu. Full birth-name: Khnum-Khufu.
Subjects: Object register page:
Subjects: Object(s) photograph: Site: Giza; view: G 7110-7120
Description: Fragments of relief from G 7110-7120: G 7120, Kawab, chapel: right: 24-12-1114; left, top row: 24-12-854 (= MFA 24.2926), 24-12-942; left, bottom row: 24-12-940, 25-2-313
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)