[Block] of limestone wall relief; [small male figure, perhaps poling boat, containing heron standing on top of caged ducks). Illustration: Yes. Illustration scale: 1:10
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Architectural elements-Relief
- Mastaba G 7110-7120: G 7120, chapel, rooms c and d and space between, [originally from chamber b]
- Height: 55 cm Width: 32 cm Thickness: 67 cm
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Object Ownership Information
- MFA accession number: 34.59
- Date of Register Entry
- Kawab (G 7110-7120)
- MFA accession number verified
Freed, Rita E., Lawrence M. Berman, and Denise M. Doxey. Arts of Ancient Egypt. MFA Highlights. Boston: MFA Publications, 2003, p. 72.
Markowitz, Yvonne J., Joyce L. Haynes, and Rita E. Freed. Egypt in the Age of the Pyramids: Highlights from the Harvard University–Museum of Fine Arts, Boston Expedition. Boston: MFA Publications, 2002, pp. 64-65, cat. 12.
Reisner, George A. "The Servants of the Ka." Bulletin of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston 32, No. 189 (February 1934), p. 3, fig. 3.
Simpson, William Kelly. The Mastabas of Kawab, Khafkhufu I and II. Giza Mastabas 3. Boston: Museum of Fine Arts, 1978, p. 3, pl. VId, fig. 11g.
Smith, William Stevenson. "The Origin of Some Unidentified Old Kingdom Reliefs." American Journal of Archaeology 46 (1942), fig. 11.
Smith, William Stevenson. Country Life in Ancient Egypt. Museum of Fine Arts Picture Book 2. Boston: Museum of Fine Arts, 1954, p. 10, fig. 11.
- Type Owner
- Remarks Owner of G 7120, along with Hetepheres [II] (original owner of G 7110). Son of Khufu and Meretites [I]. Appears in chapel relief in tomb of his daughter Meresankh III (owner of G 7530-7540), main room (east wall), identified as [jrj-pat sA nswt smsw n Xt=f Xrj-Hb Hrj-tp xrp jAwt nTrt aA dwAw] hereditary prince, king's eldest son of his body, chief lector-priest, director of divine offices, assistant of (the god) Duau; in situ in G 7530-7540). Also mentioned in tomb of his steward Khemetnu (owner of G 5210).
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
- Heather ONeill email@example.com
- Nicholas Picardo firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luke Hollis email@example.com
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)