Four [fitting] fragments of limestone wall relief (cf. 24-11-242) (Dynasty 4); [a.1 joins 24-11-286d + 24-11-286j]. Illustration: Yes with hieroglyphs. Illustration scale: 1:4
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Architectural elements-Relief
- [Street G 7000], N of G 7131, [originally from chapel of G I-b]
- Width: 21 cm Length: 42 cm Thickness: 15 cm
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Object Ownership Information
- MFA accession numbers: 27.2052.1, 27.2052.2, 27.2052.15, 27.2052.16
- Old Kingdom, Dynasty 4
- Date of Register Entry
- These fitting fragments part of relief from queen's pyramid (subsidiary pyramid) G I-b chapel. MFA 27.2052 (.1–.16): Overall forming parts of three registers of relief; lower register contains man leading long horned cow, upper registers contain standing figures (one identified as woman): .1 = 24-11-286a3, .2 = 24-11-286a4, .3 = 24-11-242n11 + 24-11-242n12, .4 = 24-11-242n10, .5 = 24-11-242i, .6 = 24-11-242b1, .7 = 24-11-242b5, .8 = 24-11-242b4, .9 = 24-11-242b2, .10 = 24-11-242b6, .11 = 24-11-242b3, .12 = 24-11-242n8, .13 = 24-11-286d1 + 24-11-286d2 + 24-11-286d3, .14 = 24-11-286j, .15 = 24-11-286a1, .16 = 24-11-286a2. Fragments accessioned as: 24-11-286a1 = MFA 27.2052.15, 24-11-286a2 = MFA 27.2052.16, 24-11-286a3 = MFA 27.2052.1, 24-11-286a4 = MFA 27.2052.2. Additional fragments (not listed or illustrated in original object register entry) now identified as 24-11-286(aa, o-y).
- MFA accession number verified
Reisner, George A., and William Stevenson Smith. The Tomb of Hetep-Heres the Mother of Cheops: a Study of Egyptian Civilization in the Old Kingdom. A History of the Giza Necropolis 2. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 1955, p. 4, fig. 3.
Simpson, William Kelly. The Mastabas of Kawab, Khafkhufu I and II. Giza Mastabas 3. Boston: Museum of Fine Arts, 1978, p. 32.
Subjects: Object register page:
Subjects: Object(s) photograph: Site: Giza; view: avenue G 0, street G 7200, G 7210-7220, G 7101, G 7215, street G 7000, G I-b, G 7310-7320, street G 7400, Khufu pyramid temple
Description: Small fragments of relief: top row: [avenue G 0, possibly originally from Khufu pyramid temple] 24-12-58 (= MFA 24.2710), 24-12-57 (= MFA 24.2709), [street G 7000, originally from G I-b chapel] 24-11-286g (= MFA 27.1126.9), 24-11-286a (two of four fitting fragments: a3 = MFA 27.2052.1 + a4 = MFA 27.2052.2); second row: [street G 7200, G 7210-7220: G 7210] 25-1-45 (= MFA 25.1546), [G 7101 M] 24-12-162a (= MFA 24.2739), [street G 7000, originally from G I-b chapel] 24-11-286b (= MFA 27.1321), [G 7215 D] 25-1-861 (= MFA 25.1859); third row: [street G 7000, originally from G I-b chapel] 24-11-242d (= MFA 27.1126.2), [street G 7200, G 7210-7220: G 7210] 25-1-43 (= MFA 25.1544), 25-1-44 (= MFA 25.1545), [street G 7000, possibly originally from G I-b chapel or Khufu pyramid temple] 24-11-889 (= MFA 24.2658, possibly related to MFA 27.1126); bottom row: [street G 7000, originally from G I-b chapel] 24-11-286c2, G 7310-7320: G 7310, exterior chapel] 25-1-750 (= MFA 25.1820), [street G 7000, originally from G I-b chapel] 24-11-242c (= MFA 27.1126.1), [street G 7400] 25-1-730 (= MFA 25.1808), [street G 7000, originally from G I-b chapel] 24-11-242f (= MFA 24.2456)
Subjects: Drawings: G I-b: fragments of relief
Description: Drawing: fragments of relief from G I-b: 24-11-286d (= MFA 27.2052.13), 24-11-286a (= MFA 27.2052.1, 27.2052.2, 27.2052.15, 27.2052.16), 24-11-242b (= MFA 27.2052.6-27.2052.11) (mislabeled MFA 27.1126)
Subjects: Drawings: Street G 7000 (originally from G I-b): fragments of relief
Description: Drawing: fragments of limestone relief from Street G 7000, originally from G I-b: top: 24-11-286a (= MFA 27.2052.1, 27.2052.2); bottom: 24-11-242b (= MFA 27.2052.6-27.2052.11)
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)