Object register page:
Base [(legs)] of [small] faience ushabti [(Dynasty 27-31 ?)]; [molded, soft-baked light colored paste, slightly greyish core], [cobalt blue glaze, somewhat faded and greenish], [text cut on back pilaster when paste still wet [GLYPHS]], [pilaster at back blends with shallow base pedestal].
Illustration: Yes with hieroglyphs.
Illustration scale: 1:2
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Tomb equipment-Ushabtis and ushabti boxes
- Street G 7000, opposite avenue G 1
- Height: 3.2+ cm
Width: 1.975 cm
Thickness: body: 1.2 cm; overall: 1.425 cm
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Object Ownership Information
- MFA accession number: 25.5276
- Late Period, Dynasty 26 - Dynasty 30
- Date of Register Entry
- Ushabtis (fragments) 24-11-824 = MFA 25.5276, 24-12-515 = MFA 25.5287, 25-1-368 = MFA 25.5297, 25-1-550 = MFA 25.5301, 25-1-677 = MFA 25.5303, 25-2-252 = MFA 25.3342, 25-4-4 = MFA 25.4756 and MFA 25.4757, and possibly 25-1-678 = MFA 25.5302 considered part of same lot of ushabtis based on remnants of name (reading of name uncertain).
- MFA accession number verified