Block of limestone relief (low raised relief); depicting two sun shades mounted on poles.
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- Architectural elements-Relief
- Mastaba G 7101
- Overall: 24 x 80 x 17 cm (9 7/16 x 31 1/2 x 6 11/16 in.)
- Credit Line
- Harvard University—Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Object Ownership Information
- Old Kingdom, Dynasty 6, reign of Pepi I or later
- Date of Register Entry
- 2338–2170 B.C.
- Qar (G 7101)
- This object was excavated by the Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition, but was not recorded in any object register book. 1925: excavated by the Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition; assigned to the MFA in the division of finds by the government of Egypt. (Accession date: August 8, 2005).
Simpson, William Kelly. The Mastabas of Qar and Idu, G 7101 and 7102. Giza Mastabas 2. Boston: Museum of Fine Arts, 1976, p. 3, fig. 19e.
- Type Owner
- Remarks Owner of G 7101. Appears multiple times in tomb decoration (chapel relief, architrave, door jambs, pillar), identified variously as [jmj-r kAt nbt xntj-S mnnfr-mrjjra Xrj tp nswt sS a nswt xft-Hr mAa] overseer of all works, palace attendant of (the pyramid-town) Mennefer-Meryre (Pepi I), he who is at the head of the king, true royal document scribe in the presence; in situ in G 7102. Possibly same individual as Qar (in G 7102), son of Idu (owner of G 7102). The relationship between Qar and Idu is difficult to determine; it seems certain that they are father and son, but it is not clear which is which since they each have a son named after the other (i.e. Qar has a son named Idu, Idu has a son named Qar). Qar (G 7101) has a sister named Bendjyt who may be identical to Bendjet, a daughter of Idu (G 7102), in which case Idu would be the father of Qar, but this is not at all certain.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)