Limestone slab stela of Khufunakht; fine raised relief, male figure seated (facing right) on stool at offering table, wearing short curled wig and long garment tied at shoulder, inscription: (above) name and titles, (in middle, above and below offering table) offering list, (on right) linen list; traces of paint remain.
- Hearst Museum, Berkeley
- Architectural elements-Stelae
- Mastaba G 1205, in situ on E face of mastaba
- Limestone, paint
- 38 x 52.6 x 8.2 cm (14 15/16 x 20 11/16 x 3 1/4 in)
- Credit Line
- Phoebe A. Hearst Museum of Anthropology, Hearst Egyptian Expedition
- Object Ownership Information
- Phoebe A. Hearst Museum of Anthropology, University of California, Berkeley
- Old Kingdom, Dynasty 4
- Date of Register Entry
- Khufunakht (G 1205)
- Object owned by
- Phoebe A. Hearst Museum of Anthropology
Lutz, Henry F. Egyptian Tomb Steles and Offering Stones of the Museum of Anthropology and Ethnology of the University of California. University of California Publications. Egyptian Archaeology 4. Leipzig: J.C. Hinrichs, 1927, pp. 1, 15, pl. 2.3.
Manuelian, Peter Der. Slab Stelae of the Giza Necropolis. Publications of the Pennsylvania–Yale Expedition to Egypt 7. New Haven and Philadelphia: Peabody Museum of Natural History of Yale University and the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology, 2003, pp. 6-7, pls. 5-6, p. 47, figs. 35.
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974, p. 57.
Reisner, George A. A History of the Giza Necropolis 1. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 1942, pl. 18a.
- Type Owner
- Remarks Owner of G 1205. Limestone slab stela (Hearst 6-19786) inscribed for Khufunakht, identified as [rx nswt] royal acquaintance; found in situ on east face of G 1205.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)