Painting (oil on canvas) of scene from tomb of Princess Hemetre (late Dynasty 4); standing figure of princess (square pillar in chapel).
- MFA: Giza Collections/Smith
- Reproductions & paintings
- Oil on canvas
- Legacy dimension: H. 77 1/2 in. W. 31 in.
- Credit Line
- Anonymous gift
- Object Ownership Information
- Hemetre (G 8464)
- Joseph Lindon Smith, American, 1863–1950
- One of a series of modern paintings by American artist Joseph Lindon Smith (1863-1950), and others, documenting aspects of the Giza excavations.
Dunham, Dows. "New Paintings of Egyptian Tombs." Bulletin of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston 34, No. 203 (June 1936), p. 46.
- Type Attested
- Remarks Father probably Khafre
- Type Artist
- Nationality & Dates American, 1863–1950
- Remarks Artist /expedition painter and copyist; Daughters Rachael and Frances also painted. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
- Heather ONeill email@example.com
- Nicholas Picardo firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luke Hollis email@example.com
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)