Fragments of plaster from mummy, belongs with 38-6-37 (mask); plaster of slightly coarser quality and lacks smooth gypsum surface of mask, imprints of cloth on underside. Illustration: Yes [approximate reconstruction of mummy from fitting fragments]. Illustration scale: ca 1:6
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Tomb equipment-Mummy trappings
- Pit G 2037b X, chamber
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Object Ownership Information
- MFA accession number: 39.828
- Date of Register Entry
- 38-6-37 (fragments of mask) + 38-8-5 (fragments of body covering) = MFA 39.828
- MFA accession number verified
D'Auria, Sue, Peter Lacovara, and Catharine H. Roehrig. Mummies & Magic: The Funerary Arts of Ancient Egypt. Boston: Museum of Fine Arts, 1988, pp. 91-92, cat. 23.
Egyptian Art in the Age of the Pyramids. New York: Metropolitan Museum of Art, 1999, pp. 476-477, cat. 197.
Freed, Rita E., Lawrence M. Berman, and Denise M. Doxey. Arts of Ancient Egypt. MFA Highlights. Boston: MFA Publications, 2003, p. 98.
Smith, William Stevenson. Ancient Egypt as Represented in the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. Boston: Museum of Fine Arts, 1960 (6th ed.), p. 65.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)