Headless limestone statuette, seated male figure; hands on knees, right hand closed, left hand open palm down, body painted brown, [kilt] white, place of necklace now white, name inscribed vertically on front of seat beside left leg; color on body partly preserved on upper part and outer left leg, in ten pieces, parts of right lower arm and left arm still missing. Illustration: Yes. Illustration scale: 1:5
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Mastaba G 2088, chapel ([base] and feet) and room c (upper part)
- Height: 30+ cm Width: 13 cm Length: 23 cm
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Object Ownership Information
- MFA accession numbers: 38.2146.1, 38.2146.2
- Date of Register Entry
- 04/06/1938, 04/08/1938
- MFA 38.2146.1 = seat and base with lower body of figure, MFA 38.2146.2 = upper torso
- MFA accession number verified
Roth, Ann Macy. A Cemetery of Palace Attendants. Giza Mastabas 6. Boston: Museum of Fine Arts, 1995, p. 81, fig. 30.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)