Faience ring beads; black, white, red-brown, blue, and green glaze; fourteen beads stuck together showing part of pattern. Illustration: Yes
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Jewelry & adornment-Rings
- Pit G 2416 D III, in wood coffin
- Diameter: .2 - .3 cm Thickness: .1 - .2 cm
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Object Ownership Information
- MFA accession numbers: 37.1312, 37.1313
- Date of Register Entry
- 07/17/1936, 07/18/1936
- MFA 37.1312: reconstructed counterweight including 36-7-35a (cylinder beads), 36-7-35b (ring beads), and element from 36-6-55; MFA 37.1313: reconstructed broadcollar including 36-7-35b (ring beads), 35-1-27 (ring beads), and elements from 36-6-55
- MFA accession numbers verified
Brovarski, Edward. "Old Kingdom Beaded Collars." In Jacke Phillips with Lanny Bell, Bruce B. Williams, James Hoch and Ronald J. Leprohon (eds.) Ancient Egypt, the Aegean, and the Near East. Studies in Honour of Martha Rhoads Bell, Volume 1. San Antonio: Van Siclen Books, 1997, pp. 137162.
- Date: 1997
Brovarski, Edward. "Old Kingdom Beaded Collars." In Jacke Phillips with Lanny Bell, Bruce B. Williams, James Hoch and Ronald J. Leprohon (eds.) Ancient Egypt, the Aegean, and the Near East. Studies in Honour of Martha Rhoads Bell, Volume 1. San Antonio: Van Siclen Books, 1997, p. 156, note 117.
Freed, Rita E., Lawrence M. Berman, and Denise M. Doxey. Arts of Ancient Egypt. MFA Highlights. Boston: MFA Publications, 2003, pp. 90-91.
Markowitz, Yvonne J., Joyce L. Haynes, and Rita E. Freed. Egypt in the Age of the Pyramids: Highlights from the Harvard University–Museum of Fine Arts, Boston Expedition. Boston: MFA Publications, 2002, p. 97, cat. 37a, b.
Smith, William Stevenson. Ancient Egypt as Represented in the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. Boston: Museum of Fine Arts, 1960 (6th ed.), p. 67.
Subjects: Object register page:
Subjects: Object(s) photograph: Site: Giza; view: G 2416
Description: Jewelry elements: two wood terminals and carnelian and faience beads from G 2416 D III: 36-7-33 (terminals), 36-7-35a (faience cylinder beads), 36-7-34 (two carnelian beads), 36-7-35b (faience ring beads)
Subjects: Object(s) photograph: Site: Giza; view: G 2416, G 2422, G 1102
Description: Faience jewelry: counterweight, broadcollar, two bracelets reconstructed with jewelry elements from G 2416 D III, G 2422 D, and G 1102 F: counterweight: elements from 36-7-35 + 36-6-55 (= MFA 37.1312); broadcollar: elements from 36-7-35 + 36-6-55 + 35-1-27 (= MFA 37.1313); bracelets: elements from 36-7-35 + 36-6-55 (= MFA 37.1311a-b)
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)