Fragment of [alabaster] royal statue, apparently from wig lappet and neck, [and large quantity of other miscellaneous fragments from various statues]. Illustration: No
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Mastaba G 5412, debris in room
- Width: ca 11 cm
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Object Ownership Information
- MFA accession numbers: 14.1751.1–14.1751.80
- Old Kingdom, Dynasty 4, reign of Khafre
- Date of Register Entry
- Material (diorite) corrected to read alabaster because of large quantity of alabaster royal statue fragments labeled with this registration number; discrepancy between original OR entry and mass of fragments actually labeled with this registration number makes original record including provenance questionable; for other deposits consisting of large quantities of alabaster statue fragments see 14-11-107, 14-11-108, 14-11-110, 14-12-57, 14-12-58, 14-12-60, 14-12-66. Eighty fragments accessioned as MFA 14.1751.1 – MFA 14.1751.80; two fragments 14-12-65.81 and 14-12-65.82 MFA owned (unaccessioned). Related fragments probably from one statue: 14-12-49b (two fitting fragments of proper left half of face) = MFA 21.951a and MFA 21.951e + 14-12-71 (three fitting fragments of proper left shoulder, chest, upper arm) = MFA 21.951b and MFA 21.951c and MFA 21.951d + 14-12-72a (proper right wrist and part of pleated kilt) = MFA 14.1753.1 + 14-12-72b (proper right shoulder) = MFA 14.1753.2 + 14-11-107.1 (part of beard) = MFA 14.1693.1 + 14-12-65.2 (part of pleated kilt) = MFA 14.1751.2 + 14-12-65.21 and 14-12-65.24 (part of proper right side of nemes wig and lappet) = MFA 14.1751.21 and MFA 14.1751.24 + 14-12-65.81 (part of proper left lappet) + 14-12-65.82 (part of proper left side of nemes wig).
- MFA accession numbers verified
Smith, William Stevenson. "Fragments of a Statuette of Chephren." Wiener Zeitschrift für die Kunde des Morgenlandes 54 (1957), pp. 186, 188-189, figs. 2-3.
Subjects: Object register page:
Subjects: Object(s) photograph: Site: Giza; view: G 5110, G 5412, G 5411
Description: Fragments of sides of thrones of alabaster royal statues: top left and (all but one in) vertical column on right: 14-12-49a, including [top left] [G 5110] 14-12-49.45, [column on right] 14-12-49.35, [G 5412] 14-12-65 (= MFA 14.1751.11), [G 5110] 14-12-49.34, 14-12-49.10 (left), 14-12-49.33 (right); bottom left: [N of G 5412] 14-12-58a + 14-12-58c + [G 5411] 14-12-63a (= MFA 14.1056)
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)