*Original paper documents for “Additional Material: Description of Addition to Cemetery en Échelon” can be found in archival box K10 in the Egyptian Section archives of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston.
- Documentation-Unpublished manuscripts
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- about 1934–1942
- Mentioned on page
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Type Mentioned on page
- Remarks Fourth king of Dynasty 4. Son of Khufu. Builder of the Second Pyramid at Giza and probably of the Great Sphinx as well. Known two thousand years later by the Greeks as King Khephren. A number of diorite and greywacke statues and statue fragments depicting the king have been discovered in Khafre's valley temple, including Cairo CG 9-17. The fragmentary head of an alabaster royal statue (MFA 21.351 + MFA 33.1113) is attributed to Khafre.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Subjects: Object(s) photograph: Site: Giza; view: G 5330, G 5230, G 5110, G 5223
Description: Fragments of alabaster royal statues: [G 5223 A] 14-12-72a (= MFA 14.1753.1, part of wrist and pleated kilt), [vicinity of NE corner of G 5330 and E of G 5230 N] 14-12-1 (face) + 14-11-206 (throat and lower part of right ear) (= MFA 21.351), [G 5110] 14-12-49b (= MFA 21.951a + MFA 21.951e, two fitting fragments of left half of face), [G 5223 A] 14-12-71 (= MFA 21.951b + MFA 21.951c + MFA 21.951d, three fitting fragments of left shoulder, chest, and upper arm), 14-12-72b (= MFA 14.1753.2, part of right shoulder)
Subjects: Object(s) photograph: Site: Giza; view: G 5110, G 5412, G 5411
Description: Fragments of sides of thrones of alabaster royal statues: top left and (all but one in) vertical column on right: 14-12-49a, including [top left] [G 5110] 14-12-49.45, [column on right] 14-12-49.35, [G 5412] 14-12-65 (= MFA 14.1751.11), [G 5110] 14-12-49.34, 14-12-49.10 (left), 14-12-49.33 (right); bottom left: [N of G 5412] 14-12-58a + 14-12-58c + [G 5411] 14-12-63a (= MFA 14.1056)
Subjects: Object(s) photograph: Site: Giza; view: G 5223, G 4920, G 4940, G 5230, G 5110
Description: Fragments of statues: top row: [G 5223 A] 14-12-76, 14-12-79 (part of foot), [between G 5230 and G 5110] 15-1-40 (shoulder and upper arm); bottom row: [E of G 4920] 15-1-28 (fragment of base with feet), [G 4940, NE corner] 15-1-30 (fragment of head)
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)