White limestone [reserve] head of man; upper part of face very rudely cut, traces of pinkish plaster over all, but on left side of upper lip a patch of thick plaster still intact showing finely modeled surface, whole was originally modeled in this manner, ears were fastened on by two pegs (two holes) on each ear, irregular cut over back of head (perhaps to bond plaster). Illustration: No
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Pit G 4940 B, NE corner
- Height: 27 cm Width: back: 17 cm
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Object Ownership Information
- MFA accession number: 21.329
- Old Kingdom, Dynasty 4, reign of Khafre ?
- Date of Register Entry
- MFA accession number verified
Gamer-Wallert, Ingrid."Die bewegte Geschichte der Mastaba Seschemnofers III. (G 5170)." Sokar 9 (2. Halbjahr, 2004), p. 34.
Millet, N.B. "The Reserve Heads of the Old Kingdom." In William Kelly Simpson and Whitney M. Davis, eds. Studies in Ancient Egypt, the Aegean, and the Sudan: Essays in Honor of Dows Dunham on the Occasion of his 90th Birthday, June 1, 1980. Boston: Museum of Fine Arts, 1981, p. 130.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)