Crude faience amulet of [Ptah-Sokar in form of dwarf (Pataikos)]; green glaze, ring at neck for suspension. Illustration: No
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Jewelry & adornment-Amulets and pendants
- Street G 7300, debris between mastabas G 7330-7340: G 7330 and G 7430-7440: G 7430
- Height: 2.5 cm
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Date of Register Entry
- This amulet represents Pataikos, a popular protective deity, amulets of whom were believed to ward off threats to the wearer. He is usually depicted as a nude dwarf with a bald head, often wielding a pair of knives.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)