microfilm: begin page 108
Saturday, December 27, 1924 (continued)
(1) Street G 7100 and G 7110-7120 (continued)
Having reached a point about 5 meters south of the portico of G 7120, began a new section west of railroad along front of G 7121 and G 7110.
Here a break in the front wall led to a considerable modern excavation in a recess for an additional chapel. Recess a reconstruction like recess of G 7120 (and G 7220), breaks in and includes joint between G 7110 and G 7121. Along the broken stones were several fragments of white limestone reliefs. In the upper debris of street outside G 7110 recess found usual fragment of Ptolemaic objects.
(2) Street G 7200
[In front of G 7220.] Continued excavating G 7200 street.
In the street, front of chapel and northwards, as well as in chapel itself, a mass of great stone block. Some from casing but others as if roofing stones, etc. At present no sign of construction on floor of street but perhaps when floor is swept, lines may be formed.
Shifted loading point 5 meters northwards and began new strip. Usual Ptolemaic objects in upper debris.
(3) Street G 7300
Street G 7300, line IV, front of G 7310. Began laying rails for line IV and cutting out upper debris for railroad line. Started at north end of street G 7300 throwing earth into Service excavations to form embankment.
microfilm: end page 108
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)