microfilm: begin page 49
Sunday, December 6, 1925 (continued)
(3) G 6040
G 6040 B: Entered chamber through thieves entrance. Rubbish slopes down from thieves hole in door block. The room is similar to G 6020 A and G 6030 A with coffin cut in rock. East and south of the coffin there is no debris. On floor alabaster headrest [25-12-119], alabaster models, wood, ox bones, etc. A bare spot in roof had been repaired but the stones and plaster had fallen out onto the rubbish.
In clearing rubbish found three alabaster models [25-12-113, 25-12-114, 25-12-115], fragments wood, pottery [25-12-121, 25-12-122, 25-12-123], etc., seven bronze models [25-12-120], etc. also, about one-half an alabaster ointment plaque.
(4) Between G 6030 and G 6040 (Line II)
Continued clearing drift sand and fallen stones from between G 6020 and G 6030 on one side and G 6040 on the other. Railroad Line II.
(5) West of G 6040
On Line II working out debris back of G 6040 came on mastaba G 6021. Working at sand from north end of back of G 6040 by Line I exposed the north end of G 6021.
(6) G 6021
G 6021 is a large rubble mastaba directly behind G 6040 with a passage of less than a meter between. Exposed north end by work from Line I and south end by Line II.
(7) North of G 6040
Continued clearing drift sand by Line I over area north of G 6040 and westwards. Exposed north end of G 6021 (see 6) and three small rubble mastabas: G 6031, G 6032, G 6033.
microfilm: end page 49
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
- Heather ONeill email@example.com
- Nicholas Picardo firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luke Hollis email@example.com
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)