microfilm: begin page 172
Saturday, January 30, 1926 (continued)
(3) G 7000 SW xxvii and xxviii [G 7000 SW 27, 28]
In Street G 7000 S (south), southeast of the southeast corner of G 7050, in the harder surface debris exposed two late burials.
SW xxvii [G 7000 SW 27] is a pit and roofed chamber grave. Plundered (?). Roof broken.
SW xxviii [G 7000 SW 28] is a decayed anthropomorphic coffin (wood) burial alongside xxvii.
(4) G 7152
G 7152 A: Down 9.6 meters. At noon (about 7 meters down) the debris changed to the usual dirty sand and dust of the pits reused in Saite times and replundered.
(5) Avenue G 4 and G I-c (south side)
Attacking a strip at middle of south side of G I-c and about one-third the length of the side. Cleared upper debris of decay from the pyramid and attacked the heap of sebbakh siftings in the Avenue. Under these is the usual layer of black debris (ashes, sand, decayed brick, etc.) the upper part of which has been cut about by the sebbakheem. In this black layer, the usual Saite fragments, mainly faience and pottery.
Sunday, January 31, 1926
65th day of work.
(1) G 7000 X
(2) Avenue G 4
(3) Pyramid G I-c
(4) G 7152
Line IV: to 8:00 am: 5, 8:30 to noon: 19, 1:00 to 4:30 pm: 13
Line V: to 8:00 am: 50, 8:30 to noon: 130, 1:00 to 4:30 pm: 160
totals: to 8:00 am: 55, 8:30 to noon: 149, 1:00 to 4:30 pm: 173
totals: Line IV 37, Live V 340, Total 377
microfilm: end page 172
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 01/30/1926; 01/31/1926
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)