microfilm: begin page 141a
Thursday, January 14, 1926
50th day of work.
Fine weather at last, north breeze.
(1) Street G 7000 south (of Isis Temple)
(2) Pits in Isis Temple, S, G 7011 H, I, J
(3) G 7150
Line IV to 8:00 am: 42, 8:30 to noon: 102, 1:00 to 4:30 pm: 142
The drop was due to the concentration of work on G 7150. Today the men were on the floor levels of room a, b, c and on the pit with an average lift of five meters.
(1) Street G 7000 S (south)
South of Isis Temple. Clearing upper debris east and west of railroad IV, exposed an inclined plane in back of G 7150 and a weatherworn deposit of old masons debris (street picking) to west. The surface of this debris is about 50 cm below top of foundation of Pyramid G I-c at southeast corner and slopes away to south. In the surface debris, the usual series of Saite-Roman objects.
(2) Isis Temple
Examining the crude brick walls of Isis Temple for plan. D.D. noticed among the stones in the lower part of a crude brick bin, a fragment of offering basins with two battered figures looking over edge (bin 202).
Pit in Room S: Cleaned out the rooms below but did not finish pit shaft.
microfilm: end page 141a
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Mentioned on page
- Dows Dunham, American, 1890–1984
- Type Mentioned on page
- Nationality & Dates American, 1890–1984
- Remarks Egyptologist; Curator; Assistant Curator, Egyptian Department, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)