microfilm: begin page 124
Monday, January 4, 1926 (continued)
(1) Pyramid G I-c
Finished clearing G I-c chamber and swept out anteroom and passage about 4 p.m. The anteroom has been reconstructed for late burials (two box burials). And cuts have been made in the rock floor of the main chamber for the same purpose.
The sloping passage is 14.91 meters long (measured horizontally) and drops 7.89 meters in that distance.
(2) Avenue G 3
The gang from G I-c chamber began about 4 p.m. to clear away the late wall resting on debris at the east end of Avenue G 3. These walls have been mapped (in red) by Wheeler and photographed.
(3) Pyramid G I-c (east face)
The main gang continued clearing debris of decays from the east face of pyramid G I-c, until noon. The relationship of the various fragments of masonry is not yet clear.
(4) Isis Temple
Resumed clearing of Isis Temple at 1:00 p.m. Outlined rest of high crude brick walls for survey as some of them may have to be cut away.
The room E continues eastward to same sort of entrance in the eastern face of mastaba G 7140. To the north of this entrance is another room J.
North of E is another room I (west of J).
microfilm: end page 124
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Mentioned on page
- Noel F. Wheeler, British
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
- Type Mentioned on page
- Nationality & Dates British
- Remarks Wheeler was a Lieutenant Commander in the Royal Navy according to George A. Reisner's, "A HIstory of the Giza Necropolis, Vol. I."
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)