microfilm: begin page 143
Wednesday, January 7, 1925 (continued)
(9) G 7310
G 7310 B: Now clearing chamber. Nothing special to report.
(10) G 7410
G 7410 B: Pit and passage cleared. When photographed, first chamber will be cleared. No objects.
(11) G 7420
G 7420 B: Working in pit.
(12) G 7510
Men searching for pits in north end of this large mastaba. So far no pit has been found at this end.
(13) G 7111
G 7111 B: Pit B and its chamber, which is at the west, been cleared, all the debris having been put into pit G 7111 A, which had been previously planned and leveled.
At the bottom of the pit, in the debris at the mouth of the chamber was found a small broken statue [25-1-393] of Prince Kawab. The head and body are missing. On the lap is: [GLYPHS]
The statue is red granite. Left hand is flat on lap with palm down, right hand clenched resting on lap. Height of statue is about 20 cm.
G 7111 C: Is now being cleared and the debris put in G 7111 B which is planned and leveled.
microfilm: end page 143
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- Mentioned on page
- Kawab (G 7110-7120)
- Alan Jenvey Rowe, British, 1890–1968
- Type Mentioned on page
- Remarks Owner of G 7120, along with Hetepheres [II] (original owner of G 7110). Son of Khufu and Meretites [I]. Appears in chapel relief in tomb of his daughter Meresankh III (owner of G 7530-7540), main room (east wall), identified as [jrj-pat sA nswt smsw n Xt=f Xrj-Hb Hrj-tp xrp jAwt nTrt aA dwAw] hereditary prince, king's eldest son of his body, chief lector-priest, director of divine offices, assistant of (the god) Duau; in situ in G 7530-7540). Also mentioned in tomb of his steward Khemetnu (owner of G 5210).
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates British, 1890–1968
- Remarks Egyptologist and archaeologist. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)