microfilm: begin page 242
Sunday, February 15, 1925 (continued)
(1) Street 7500 (continued)
G 7513 F: Cleared. Shallow pit and chamber.
G 7513 H: Cleared.
G 7632 A: Clearing pit and open chamber on west. Clean sand. Down 685 cm. Many pots and fragments. One red ware [ILLUSTRATION].
G 7632 C: Cleared shallow pit and long chamber which had been roofed with limestone slabs.
G 7632 F: Cleared.
G 7633 B: Cleared pit and chamber on west. Deep 215 cm.
G 7635: Large chamber on south filled with fragments of fine white limestone sarcophagus (apparently uninscribed), a few bones decayed from damp and a debris of original filling mingled with robbers' debris and a few bricks.
G 7637 A: Pit cleaned. Chamber on west at 800 cm, open.
G 7637 B: All fragments of wood which seemed possible to be saved with treated with boiling wax this morning. The other sides will be soaked tomorrow and the fragments sent up.
Some of the new pits are shown in this rough sketch.
A scale drawing of the new walls of exterior chapel G 7510 here:
microfilm: end page 242
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- Thomas Richard Duncan Greenlees, British, 1899–
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates British, 1899–
- Remarks Thomas Richard Duncan Greenlees, born South Africa, Sivaratri, March 10, 1899. British subject with a Scottish father and an English mother. For a brief period during 1925 he was a staff member of Harvard University--Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition, who later joined the Theosophist movement in India. Greenlees received his MA degree in 1922 from Oxford, where he studied Egyptian, Coptic and Arabic. April 2,1925, Greenlees appointed Assistant Curator of Egyptian Art at MFA.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)