microfilm: begin page 253
Friday, March 19, 1926 (continued)
(1) G 7000 X (continued)
[No. 262: (continued)]
After removing (55) that is all the part of the wing on the east, took photo A3732 and then removed (56).
Then took up the border of the same which lay on bar (b). (57)-(65)
Next removed some displaced inlays (66)-(71) lying on western segment of wing.
Then western segment of wing (72)-(86). Here we came on a group which underlay the above and __.
*Took photo B5921
Dunham drew plans of underlying group.
(2) Street G 7100 S
Clearing away railroad embankment north of S chapel of G 7140. Just north of north wall of this chapel is an offering niche (shallow) cut in wall of G 7140. Along the wall are three pits G 7140 X, Y, Z. Opened north room of S chapel of G 7140 and cleared it. Appears to have been reused but not yet fully examined.
(3) G 7130 [G 7134]
G 7130 Z [= G 7134]: Down 11 meters.
(4) G 7140 [G 7135]
G 7140 X [= G 7135]: Down 2.1 meters. Clean mixed debris.
G 7140 Y [= G 7135]: Down 3.5 meters. Mixed dirty debris.
G 7140 Z [= G 7135]: Down 2.8 meters. Mixed dirty debris.
Saturday, March 20, 1926
One hundred and fourth day of work.
(1) G 7000 X
(2) street 7100 S
(3) G 7140 S niche in core
(4) G 7130 Z [= G 7134]
(5) G 7140 X, Y, Z [= G 7135]
(6) G 7240
(7) G 7161 B, D
microfilm: end page 253
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 03/19/1926; 03/20/1926
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)