microfilm: begin page 165
Thursday, November 14, 1935 (continued)
(3) G 2358 (continued)
Drawing of G 2358 D [= G 5540 B]
Friday, November 15, 1935
(1) G 2391 A, B, C, D, E
(1) G 2391
In the shafts of the mastaba, lined with stones on east and north. It is west of G 2450. East of this mastaba there are three stelae, two deep basins and one stone, they are all inscribed, and also a small square stone inscribed.
G 2391 A: In chamber. Black debris, some dubsh and stones. A coffin cut in rock running from north to south without lid and empty found in the chamber. Cleared. Drawing.
G 2391 B: In shaft and chamber. Lined with stones above and some building gone, rock below. It is north of A, south of C and east of shaft E. Total depth 3.65 meters. Black debris, dubsh, papers and some potsherds. Chamber on west, cut in rock. No blocking. A coffin cut in rock from north to south without lid and a body inside the coffin head on north, appears in chamber. Found in shaft debris: limestone fragments of deep basin, inscribed; small limestone fragment inscribed. Also we found in chamber debris: scattered bones of a body. Reached the rock in shaft, and left the body
microfilm: end page 165
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 11/14/1935; 11/15/1935
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)