microfilm: begin page 191
Wednesday, November 27, 1935 (continued)
(1) G 2185 (continued)
Drawing of G 2185
(2) G 2186
G 2186 E: Removed the lid stones which we found in chamber. Stones from the lid we break it, and some gypsum bound. Inside the coffin appears head and bones of a body, turned over, left for photo.
(3) G 2196
G 2196 C: Removed the lid stones which we found in chamber. Four stones from the lid, we break it and some gypsum bound. Bones appear inside the coffin, but they are not in the rial [real?] place, only the head is rested on a head rest cut in the rock on north of the coffin. Body left for photo.
(4) G 2337
G 2337 Z: In shaft and chamber. It is east of the building of the mastaba, south of Y and north of U. Lined with mud brick above and rock below. Total depth 3.4 meters. Limestone debris, dubsh, potsherds and black debris. Two chambers appears: I and II.
Chamber I: On west. Cut in rock. Roofed with stones. Lined with mud brick on west and north. Bound with plaster. Small chamber. No blocking.
Chamber II: On west. Cut in rock. No blocking. Reached the rock in shaft.
Cleared chamber I. Chamber II not yet cleared.
(5) G 4817
G 4817 A: In shaft and chamber. It is on the top of the mastaba on north. North of the serdab. Lined with mud brick above and stones underneath and rock below. Total depth 4.45 meters. Excavated before 3.4 meters. Black debris and stone from the blocking, we break. The stones were thrown into the shaft. Chamber on east: Cut in rock. No blocking. Coffin cut in rock from north to south and the lid gone appears in the chamber. Cleared. Drawing on page 191.
G 4817 B: In shaft. Lined with mud brick above and rock below. Small shaft. It is under the mastaba building on south. It is south of the serdab. Total depth 90 cm. Black debris and sand. Ended at rock. No chamber. Drawing.
microfilm: end page 191
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
- Heather ONeill firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nicholas Picardo email@example.com
- Luke Hollis firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)