microfilm: begin page 34
Friday, November 12, 1915 (continued)
success against Turkey.
Turkish major - Sana
Slave boy - home port in Sudan Dakheet Sheikh.
"Did we not hit you once" (Heliogoland fight).
Ariadne hit by Salve of 8-13.5 inch shells.
English not taking Baghdad but waiting in strong position south for Turkish attack - both sides reinforcing. Both sides taking troops from Dardanelles. The Turkish railroad has reached Bir Saba, rumors Turks are lying pipe line for water transport. Another attack on the Canal is brewing.
Saturday, November 13, 1915
(1) G 4940 A
(2) G 4810
(3) sand west of Great Wall and east of G 4611
(1) G 4940
Pit of G 4940 A cleared and work going on in chamber.
(2) G 4810
Cleared G 4810 pits A, B, C, and part of complex of offering rooms:
This appears to be a complex of mastabas but the dividing walls have not yet appeared.
microfilm: end page 34
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 11/12/1915; 11/13/1915
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)