microfilm: begin page 96
Tuesday, April 16, 1912
Nothing has yet been reached in the new area. Men removing sand and debris only.
In p.m. Professor A.L. Clay and a Professor from Havana, Cuba, who had been at Athens Congress, came out and I showed them over work.
Wednesday, April 17, 1912
At the mastaba G 4140 W of G 4240 the work proceeds towards the north. The northeast corner has been reached but beyond it against the north face is a mass of debris composed of large blocks of masonry. No. G 4240 which is the one from which the stela was stolen last year has a niche near north end of east face, set in behind regular line of wall. [ILLUSTRATION] All the masonry of this mastaba indicates that the mastaba was never carried to completion. The surface of the blocks are in various stages of dressing, from the roughest bossing to a nearly finished surface.
At G 4330 on the east face is a small mud brick room built against the face at a considerable height above the original mastaba level.
Thursday, April 18, 1912
The work between G 4140 and G 4240 has been pushed beyond the lines of the Austrian concession in order to reach the limits of the mass of debris north of G 4140 and also to follow an addition built against the north face of G 4240. On the masonry of the latter are several quarry marks in red paint, for the most part indecipherable and
microfilm: end page 96
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 04/16/1912; 04/17/1912; 04/18/1912
- Clarence Stanley Fisher, American, 1876–1941
- Mentioned on page
- Professor A. L. Clay
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates American, 1876–1941
- Remarks Archaeologist and architect. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
- Type Mentioned on page
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Visitor
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
- Heather ONeill email@example.com
- Nicholas Picardo firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luke Hollis email@example.com
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)