microfilm: begin page 206
Wednesday, December 4, 1935 (continued)
(4) G 4714
G 4714 A: Removed the remains of the chamber blocking. Big dubsh, (we break) and limestone debris. Fragments of wooden coffin, decayed, sand and organic decay. Removed the objects we found before that day: seventeen small alabaster dishes, small broken copper chisel, fragment of a copper chisel, head and broken bones. Cleared. Drawing.
(5) G 4911
G 4911 K: In shaft and chamber. It is south of J and north of mastaba building G 4910 and east of G. Lined with stones above and rock below. Total depth 4.45 meters. Excavated before 2.7 meters. White limestone debris and dubsh. Chamber on east. Cut in rock. No blocking. Body, head on north, left for photo.
Thursday, December 5, 1935
(1) G 2184 B
(2) G 2196 D
(3) G 4816 A
(4) G 4818 A
(1) G 2184
G 2184 B: Removed the body and the fragments of cloth which found in chamber III. Drawing on page 207.
This mastaba is west of mastaba G 2190 and south of G 2186. Lined with stones in this mastaba two stela in an inscribed room. Drawing on page 207.
microfilm: end page 206
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 12/04/1935; 12/05/1935
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)