microfilm: begin page 686
Tuesday, June 21, 1938
Day of rest.
Wednesday, June 22, 1938
(1) G 4413 D
(2) G 4414a A
(3) G 4422 D
(4) G 4522 B, C, E, F, G, H [= G 4522 & G 4521]
(5) G 4610 X, Y, Z, U, V
(1) G 4413
G 4413 D: Removed the chamber blocking. Built of rubble and roofed with stones. Dubsh and mud bound. Body, head on north, left for photo.
(2) G 4414a
G 4414a A: Removed first the lining of G 4414b, the east wall which is built on the shaft. Start in shaft, lined above with stones and rock cut below wholly destroyed. Total depth 3.4 meters. Stones, dubsh, limestone debris and fragments of potsherds and dirty debris. Chamber on east. Cut in rock. It was blocked with stones and dubsh and bound with mud. The southern part of the blocking removed by plunderers. Cleared. Drawing.
(3) G 4422
G 4422 D: Removed the body from the chamber. Below the body is sand and limestone debris. Total depth 1.25 meters. Beside the feet of the body we found: cover of a pottery object, black and partly missing. Cleared. Drawing.
(4) G 4522
G 4522 B: In the chamber. Drift sand. North-south rock cut coffin without lid. Empty. Cleared. Drawing.
microfilm: end page 686
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 06/21/1938; 06/22/1938
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)