microfilm: begin page 865
Wednesday, January 3, 1940 (continued)
(1) G 5227 (continued)
G 5227 X: In shaft and chamber. Ends in limestone filling. Lined with masonry. It is in the room of the mastaba. North of Y and east of B. Total depth 1.45 meters. Sand, limestone debris, rubble and drift papers. Chamber on north. Built of stones and roofed with slabs. No blocking. Cleared on limestone filling. Drawing.
G 5227 Y: In shaft and chamber. Lined with masonry and ends in limestone filling. It is in the room of the mastaba south of X. Total depth 1.35 meters. Sand, limestone debris and drift papers. Chamber on south. On east built with stones but on west built with crude brick. On west stones above and limestone underneath. Roofed with slabs. No blocking. Cleared on the limestone filling. Drawing.
G 5227 Z: In shaft and chamber. Lined above with rubble and cut in bad rock below. It is east of the southeast corner of the mastaba and north of G 5220. Total depth 2.35 meters. Dirty debris, limestone debris and rubble. Chamber on west. Cut in bad rock. No blocking. Cleared. Drawing.
Men and boys in bringing in the railway lines from G 2088 etc. and in preparing the new railway west of G 2430 which is running to the west and then turned to the north, east of the old dump. The railway is not yet complete.
microfilm: end page 865
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)