*Original paper documents for Chapter 12 are in archival boxes K06 and K07 in the Egyptian Section archives of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston.
- Documentation-Unpublished manuscripts
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- about 1934–1942
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Mentioned on page
- Merptahankh-meryre Ptahshepses Impy (G 2386/G 2381)
- Type Mentioned on page
- Remarks Possible owner of one of two stone built chapels G 2386a or G 2386b, buried in sloping-passage shaft G 2381 A. Merptahankh-meryre, [rn=f nfr] his good name Ptahshepses Impy. Son of Merptahankh-meryre Nekhebu (owner of G 2381). Wood coffin (12-12-575 = MFA 13.3085) inscribed for Impy, identified as [HAtj-a sm xrp SnDt nbt Xrj-Hb Hrj-tp jmA-a xtmw-bjtj jmj-r kAt nbt nt nswt smr watj mDH nswt qdw m prwj jmj-r wabtj] count, sem-priest, director of every kilt, chief lector-priest, gracious of arm, sealer of the king of Lower Egypt, overseer of all royal works, sole companion, royal architect in the two houses, overseer of the two wabets; found in situ in G 2381 A. Copper flaring basin (12-12-265 = MFA 13.2940) inscribed for Impy, identified as [HAtj-a jmj-r kAt nbt nt nswt smr watj mDH nswt qdw] count, overseer of all royal works, sole companion, royal architect; found in situ in G 2381 A. Wesekh broadcollar (12-12-583 = MFA 13.3086) with terminals inscribed for Impy, identified as [HAtj-a jmj-r kAt] count, overseer of works; found (more than one-half intact) in situ in G 2381 A.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)