Limestone model offering jar (cf. 24-12-543), [Type V b], (one of set of model vessels, nine limestone model jars and sixty-one limestone model saucers, 24-12-541 through 24-12-558, 24-12-1007 through 24-12-1056, saucers vary between six types); [whole series once may have been colored yellow, a few still show traces, vessels cut with chisel, and in some case with "stick borer", roughly cut grooves appear on edge of inside surface of basins (cf. 24-12-1028 and 24-12-1014)]. Illustration: No. Supplementary illustration: Yes. Supplementary illustration scale: 1:2
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Pit G 7132 A, [near] door of chamber
- Height: 7.05 cm Diameter: neck: 3.25 cm; shoulder: 4.6 cm; base: 2.5 cm
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Object Ownership Information
- MFA accession number: 24.2881
- Date of Register Entry
- MFA accession number verified
Reisner, George A., and William Stevenson Smith. The Tomb of Hetep-Heres the Mother of Cheops: a Study of Egyptian Civilization in the Old Kingdom. A History of the Giza Necropolis 2. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 1955, p. 95.
Simpson, William Kelly. The Mastabas of Kawab, Khafkhufu I and II. Giza Mastabas 3. Boston: Museum of Fine Arts, 1978, p. 32, fig. 60.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)